Randakk’s CB1123F Cafe Racer!
Extensive “Build” Photo Album (200+ photos)
This bike represents my vision for a proper cafe racer. Great looks combined with race-bike performance capabilities. Inspired by my involvement in AHRMA vintage road racing – this bike has it all: handling, performance and comfort. In the hands of a skilled rider, this bike is a track day and twisty road demon.
All-out speed was not the goal. Instead, I aimed for a balanced performance combination that would deliver an engaging riding experience for a skilled rider.
I attempted to avoid going overboard on this bike, but I failed miserably! :). The main focus is on function – not fussy attention to finish details. However, I happen think it looks great…very purposeful.
- Starting point – stock ’83 CB1100F
- Hand-formed Aluminum Tank, Tail and Side Panels by Al Bergler
- Custom leather seat by Willy’s Work Shop
- Powder and Ceramic Coating by QC Coatings
- Fabricated exhaust with Jim Sawtell muffler can
- Race-preppped engine with Big Bore kit (1123cc)
- Vince & Hyde Racing Cam Chain Tensioner Upgrades
- Banded clutch basket
- Starter clutch upgrade (from Yamaha R1)
- Setrab oil cooler
- Suzuki GSX-R 1100 front suspension
- Nissin 6-piston front calipers (new)
- Modified and braced rear swing arm
- Custom Race-Tech Rear Shocks
- Prototype Steering damper
- CR Round-Slide Race Carbs
- Speigler Stainless steel braided brake lines
- Dynatek 2000 programmable ignition
- V-rated tires
- CRG Supersport Clutch Lever
- CRG Hindsight / LS Mirror
- Suzuki 200mm headlight
- JES-Built AHM-style crank end covers
- JES-Built frame gussets
- Koso electronic instrument cluster
- Stewart Warner mechanical oil pressure gauge
- Graphics by Wild Bill and Associates
- Randakk High Performance Intake Clamps
- Randakk Standard Oil Filter Conversion Kit to allow “spin-on” filter
- Randakk High Performance Fuel Filters (2 used)
- Randakk GEN II Amazing Grips
Special thanks to J.R. Luksik of CBX-tras for a masterful creation that is a joy to ride!
Please Read: Disclaimers