For Honda GL1000 / GL1100 / GL1200 / GL1500 / CBX / CX500 / DOHC-4 / FT500
Please read: Disclaimers
I am pleased to sponsor Randakk’s Approved Honda GL1000 / GL1100 / GL1200 / GL1500 / CBX / CX500 / DOHC-4 / FT500 Carb Rebuilder Program.
Due to the growth of my business and the time required to develop unique products for the GL1000, GL1100, GL1200, GL1500, CBX, CX500, DOHC-4, FT500 and other vintage bikes, I no longer rebuild carbs for customers.
If you would prefer to have a “pro” rebuild your carbs, here’s the answer. You can now have a professional rebuild your carbs via a Randakk’s Approved Honda GL1000 / GL1100 / GL1200/ GL1500 / CBX / CX500 / DOHC-4 / FT500 Carb Rebuilder. You can trust your carbs to any of these folks as I have rigorously vetted their capabilities.
Each Approved Carb Rebuilder sources carb rebuild Master Kits and other carb-related parts from Randakk’s Cycle Shakk and uses them exclusively in all their rebuilds .
Randakk’s Approved Honda GL1000 / GL1100 / GL1200 / GL1500 / CBX / CX500 / DOHC-4 / FT500 Carb Rebuilders are:
- Carefully and personally screened and selected by me.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable on the intricacies of these vintage Honda carbs and how to rebuild them to exacting standards.
- Each of these rebuilders is intimately familiar with the information documented in my GL1000 Carb Overhaul Video
- Aware of the year-to-year model variances.
- Fully familiar with all the specific carb overhaul recommendations I make on this TECH/BLOG.
- Not going to make any of the amateur mistakes detailed here
- Capable of supporting “through-the-mail” or in-shop work depending on your preference.
- Exceptional in customer service.
- Fair and honest operations.
- Committed to a “take no shortcut” work ethic using parts sourced exclusively from Randakk’s Cycle Shakk.
- Involved in various R&D efforts to support current and future Randakk’s products.
- Entitled to special access to me for technical support and assistance.
- Highly recommended without reservation!
Randakk’s Approved Honda GL1000 / GL1100 / GL1200/ GL1500 / CBX / CX500 / DOHC-4 / FT500 Carb Rebuilders:
|US-Based Approved Carb Rebuilders
(Scroll Down for International Approved Carb Rebuilders)
J.R. Luksik of Clinton Township, Michigan owns CBX-tras and is a Randakk Approved Carb Rebuilder who utilizes Randakk carb components exclusively in all his work. J.R.’s specialty: Honda CBX and DOHC4 models such as the CB1100F.
Contact J.R. Luksik at: email@example.com
J.R. Luksik with a Few of His Hondas
I’ve known J.R. for many years. He is a serious motorcycle enthusiast and an absolute wizard on the Honda CBX. He is also a trusted Randakk collaborator. We have a number of interesting projects under development. His work is highly recommended without reservation!
His specialities and expertise include:
J.R. is also a Team Member of Sperry/Lackey Land Speed Racing.
J.R. specializes in CBX and DOHC-4 carb rebuilding.
|Rob’s Motorcycle Repair
Robin Ray has 40+ years experience working on bikes. He’s well-equipped to assist with vintage carb rebuilds. His specialty is early GoldWings and KZ900/1000 Kawasaki’s.
An accomplished motorcycle drag racer, Robin holds 8 world championships and several track championships. His race bikes are Kawasaki KZ-based.
Robin builds engines (stock and race), performs cylinder head work as well as full race-prep. Restorations are a service as well, mostly for early Goldwings and KZ900/1000 Kawasaki’s.
Robin has been a member of the NGW Club Forum for 11+ years.
Rob’s Motorcycle Repair
55 West Wildwood Lane
Decatur, IN 46733
|International Approved Carb Rebuilders (US-Based Approved Carb Rebuilders are above):|
|CBX Carbs – UK
Steve Gosine lives near Gatwick Airport in the south of England and is a Randakk Approved Carb Builder who has been working on CBX’s since 1982. Steve purchased his first CBX aged 19 and had to service it himself partly for cost but mainly because he was not happy with the quality of service he received at the time. Steve rebuilds and services CBX’s for clients in the UK and provides a fast and efficient service for carburetor clients in Europe.
Steve is involved with the UK CBX Riders Club and provides technical support for its club members as well as being the clubs webmaster!
Phone: +44 (0)7971 169980
Steve specializes in CBX carb rebuilding and utilizes Randakk carb components exclusively in all his work.
These reputable businesses are all highly qualified and deliver exceptional results.
Contact these businesses directly for a professional overhaul.
Each does a thorough, professional carb overhaul using parts sourced from Randakk’s.
- If your carbs are ’75-’77 GL1000, specify the “off idle” fix detailed in my Tech Tips Section here
- If you have a ’77 GL1000, ask for the mod here
While you are waiting for your carbs to be rebuilt, here are some suggestions on maintenance and preparation you should consider: Click here
If you decide to do your own overhaul, I would be happy to sell you a Master Carb Overhaul Kit or anything else you need. You can order directly off the website. Click here